Friday, May 7, 2010

New York Trip!

I got to visit Sarah at Bard!! The drive up was so gorgeous, sunny skies with lazy poofy clouds and gorgeous rolling hills for miles around. I really like driving, especially on the highway. I love being able to go fast.
Stopped somewhere nice to eat my sushi

I listened to the "Car Jamz" CD Sasha made for me. Lots of rockin tunes like "Fergalicious" and "Love Drunk" and "Human". The Volvo has a pretty nice sound system, so I took full advantage of it. I also listened to the Owl City Concert mix I made after I saw them in Salt Lake. It was so happy and chill.
I finally got to Bard after three hours and found Sarah. We ate the delicious food from the mess hall and listened to hipsters talk of scary things that happen when kids do drugs. Sarah took me on a mini tour of the campus. We:
played on an art exhibit

ran through the courtyard

and took a trail to the edge of the Hudson River

Then we bought veggiemonster food and candy and watched three episodes of Battlestar Galactica (season finale of season 3!) with Martin & Sarah. I was a huge BSG fan my freshman year. Katherine and I would watch an episode every week. I still haven't watched the very last two, so no spoilers please. Then we listened to Matt play the uke and sing to Beirut until we fell asleep.
The next morning was so sad. I really wanted to stay but I was tight on time. Right when I was almost home, I got hopelessly lost in Framingham for an hour. I was so stressed and upset with myself that I broke down in tears at a nearby bank. I think I need a GPS next time. I was fine going to NY, got there in less than 3 hours with just Mapquest directions. But the lack of roadsigns in Massachusetts does not help at all.
I calmed down though and went to the opening night of the Boston Ballet School's production of Snow White. It was really quite amazing! I took notes on sisters' technique and ideas for myself. And now I REALLY want to complete the Imogen Heap dance I started choreographing months ago. Maybe I can find a few high school girls that would be willing to do some modern-ballet kinda stuff.

We'll see.

~M

No comments: