Monday, May 10, 2010

Ginger peanut somen noodles dinner

clockwise from top: ginger-lime dressing, soba noodles, scallions,
crushed peanuts, and rice noodles for mom. everyone had coconut juice to drink :3

My sisters have what we call The Frister List. It is a list of places to go, things to eat, things to bake and cook, etc. while I'm home for the summer. One of those was to make the ginger-peanut soba noodle dinner they love so much. We had quite the adventure food shopping, and dancing down the grocery aisles. I love cooking with my sisters. It's like I have a small army doing half the work magically.
Now, this little dinner was supposed to be only part of a enormous feast for my mom for a belated mother's day gift. It was going to be appetizers of various seasoned edamame, then miso soup, the ginger-peanut noodles as a side dish with all sorts of sushi as the main feature, with mango sticky rice for dessert. *sigh* I think it's going to end up being spread out over the week. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

The ballet drive and their homework certainly gets in the way of fun doesn't it? It was a grand week of delicious meals. :)