Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day & Snow White

Today was Mother's Day! So I'll spotlight me mum's blog. Go say hi! My sisters made her a lovely breakfast-in-bed, complete with fresh fruit and gluten-free pancakes. I love you, Mom!

It was also my sisters' last Snow White performance. The Boston Ballet School in Newton had a showcase of all their classes for three days, coupled with a short ballet. It included dancers from the Boston Ballet Pre-Pro program, as well as from their more intensive division classes. My sisters were tree spirits for one cast, and members of the Evil Queen's court for another. There are some watermarked professional photos of the ballet here, if you feel like taking a look. I was very impressed with the performances of both casts, but my favorite was today's. All the lead dancers were focused and expressed their parts perfectly. The ballet was originally created to be a way to get the younger generations interested in ballet dance performance. I'd say it does its job well, but it's also very well done as a short ballet on its own.

Congrats to Lise & Sasha!

No comments: