Sunday, September 4, 2011

Squaw, Cougars, and Settlers

This morning I hiked Squaw with my friends Jace, Rudy and Alex. I knew them all from my Freshman Academy, and they got home a few weeks ago from their missions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The last time I hiked Squaw was spring of '09, when there was still 3 feet of snow. I wore my boots, but we had to head back about 5/7ths of the way up to the top, because the boys (in their sneakers) were afraid they were going to get frostbite. So, it was my first time getting to the peak, and what a view! Unfortunately, my camera's display is broken and couldn't tell me that there was no memory card inside. *cries a little* I "took" some pretty sweet shots too...

After a shower and a nice nap, I caught the last 15 mins of the BYU-Ole Miss game. Super intense. 14-13 win against Ole Miss, which means it's our first win on the road as an independent team. Go Cougs!

Then I was invited to a barbecue (chicken cooked by the grille of death and delicious wild rice with butter, chives and golden raisins). We played Settlers of Cataan as teams, and got our butts whooped by the newbies. And the only thing better than fresh squeezed, chilled watermelon juice is sparkling lemonade with watermelon ice cubes. *happy place* 


No comments: